- Missing teeth can be replaced by an artificial root called an implant -- or dental implant-- that is surgically placed, allowed to heal and then covered with a dental crown
- The implant anchor is surgically placed into the jaw bone, and then the “tooth” or crown is attached
- Stronger and more durable than bridges & dentures, dental implants are the closest thing available to permanent tooth replacement
- Dental implants are generally considered to be expensive. The higher cost of dental implants is due to the materials and specialty required to complete the procedure.
- Dental implants are fixed titanium posts which acts as tooth roots. The integration process of the titanium post into the bone is dependent on very careful planning and understanding of human bone physiology.
You may also be interested in checking out: