What Would It Cost to Look Like Joan Rivers?
K. Mathews on 27 Mar 2012 at 10:00am
“My body is a temple, and my temple needs redecorating!” says Joan Rivers. That may be true, but much like legitimate interior design, all of that redecorating doesn’t come cheap. So if you want your temple to resemble Joan’s, expect to pay nearly $100,000.
Rumors have recently circled that Joan has undergone 739 cosmetic procedures. It turns out that number is an exaggerated joke, but Joan, who has become the poster-grandma of plastic surgery, isn’t ashamed to admit that she has had a lot of work done over the years. It’s a good thing she is among the rich and famous though -- all of those procedures sure do add up.
Here's a breakdown of what her enhancements cost:
If you went in for a full Joan Rivers makeover, you can expect your bill to look like a bit like this*:
- Botox - $482, every 6 months for 5 years = $4,820
- Breast Augmentation - $6,636
- Breast Reduction - $5,772
- Brow Lift - $7,514
- Cheek Lift - $7,168
- Chemical Peels -$565, every 6 months for 5 years = $5,650
- Dental Veneers - $8,389
- Eyelid Surgery - $4,312
- Facelifts - $12,232 x 2 = $24,464
- Laser Resurfacing - $2,082
- Lip Augmentation - $1,554
- Liposuction - $5,755
- Rhinoplasty - $6,328
- Tummy Tuck - $8,346
TOTAL = $98,790
With a price tag like that, it’s no wonder that Joan’s friends and family actually held an intervention to convince her to stop having plastic surgery. Instead of listening to their pleas, she turned the tables and offered to pay for these concerned loved ones to have cosmetic procedures of their own… and the offer was accepted! Funny how opinions on plastic surgery can change when someone else is footing the bill.
* Amounts represent the average cost of procedures that sources - mainly Joan herself - have reported her having. For repeat use items (such as Botox, which she admits to having biannually), we limited the cost to 5 years of usage.