Palo Alto Plastic Surgery; Smart Patient Advice Guide for Breast Surgery
Article by George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon’s Safety Tips for Breast Patients
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon Dr George Common’s Surgical Safety Tips for Breast Patients
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon Dr George Commons Is a specialist in breast augmentation and mommy makeover. Breast surgery has improved leaps and bounds. Dr Commons offers a series of guidelines to assure your surgery is done safely and in perfect hands.
1. Do not choose a non trained or minimally trained surgeon to do your critical breast surgery.
2. Always assure your breast surgeon is a member of the American College of Surgeons.
3. Always assure your breast surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. A surgeon stating they are board certified means nothing. They may be certified in psychiatry, dermatology, internal medicine, family practice, or psychiatry. Only the American Board of Plastic Surgery counts for breast surgery.
4. Do not be fooled by extremely low prices. Low prices mean low quality in surgery. Low prices are the hallmark of non certified surgeons.
5. Is the operating room certified and can the doctor prove it?
6. Does the doctor have hospital privilege to do the breast surgery in the hospital operating facility. Will hey prove it to you and certify it to your attorney.
7. Never have breast surgery of any type without an MD anesthesiologist in attendance. You may die!
8. It is dangerous and painful to have breast surgery under a local anesthetic.
9. Is the Operating Room sterile and can this be certified to you by showing you what is done to assure sterility.
10. Are there RNs in the operating room during your surgery. If not this is a dangerous facility
11. Is the supposed surgeon a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons……FACS. The American College of Surgeon only accepts doctors who are board certified in a SURGICAL speciaity. Psychiatrists, dermatologists, internists, family practice doctors , radiologists, etc cannot apply and will not be accepted into the American College of Surgeons.
Study this short list carefully. It may save you grief and pain. It may save your life.
Best, Dr C