How to pick breast implant sizes
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.
2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.
3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.
4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.
5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.
6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.
7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.
8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.