Work with us.
We are currently looking for extraordinary people who want to build and scale one of the fastest growing companies in consumer digital media at our offices in Seattle and Santa Monica.
You could work anywhere. Why RealSelf?
I love what we do for consumers and doctors and that we do it with integrity. The people we work with are great too and we're not afraid to change or make big moves.
We are seeking an accomplished front end developer to build well-crafted user interfaces and experiences for RealSelf. As a member of the RealSelf product development team, you will build responsive and adaptive web UIs leveraging AJAX and related technologies. Come help us build a more rich and delightful experience for millions of consumers.
- Translate user flows and user experience mock-ups into code
- Collaborate heavily with product leaders, user experience designers, and other developers as required
- Elegantly balance pixel perfection with time to market
- Strong visual design sense
- 3+ years experience building consumer internet applications
- Experience working closely with designers
- Experience with RESTful interfaces and consuming web service APIs
- Previous experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Solid understanding of A/B testing and application instrumentation
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Photoshop or equivalent imaging software
- Ability to provide portfolio of work you’ve done and are proud of
- Working knowledge of Node.js, PHP, and SQL
From Reviews to Q&A our content platform helps millions of people connect and gather deeper understanding. As a Platform Engineer at RealSelf, you will be contributing to and maintaining the set of underlying APIs and services that run our business. Come help us build a better, faster, stronger social platform for Doctors and Consumers.
- Build well-defined, scalable backend services that drive RealSelf’s community experience
- Effectively collaborate across engineering and product teams to deliver the best solutions
- Maintain and port existing code and data
- Write tools and services to keep systems running smoothly
- Penchant for Programming Polyglotism
- Strong grasp of data structures and algorithm fundamentals
- Comfortable command of a major object oriented programming language (Ruby, Python, or Java)
- Expertise with major RDBMs (MySQL preferred) and exposure to data store scalability including NoSQL solutions
- Experience orchestrating distributed services within loosely-coupled systems
- Solid understanding of JSON, XML, and interacting with public APIs
- Significant experience building software and services for the web
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of PHP, HTML5, and CSS
- The Gang of Four book rests comfortably on your nightstand
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager is responsible for go-to-market strategy and implementation that diversify the RealSelf consumer offering into adjacent categories such as dentistry, dermatology and obesity management. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally with the community, product, sales, and marketing teams to align resources that drive audience growth, develop and sustain strong doctor and industry relationships, and increase overall engagement. Through this process, the Sr. Product Marketing Manager will conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive a strategic plan as well as define measurable metrics that will be used to optimize market entry and long-term performance.
This full-time role is based at our headquarters in Seattle.
- Evaluate new opportunities and build the strategic plan that defines the market entry and roadmap that establishes RealSelf as the most important consumer media resource in the category.
- Work with team members to align and drive activities associated with content creation, product development, and consumer engagement.
- Build relationships with key opinion leaders to stimulate greater awareness and participation by medical experts.
- Meet or beat category-level revenue goals while also retaining authenticity and trust we maintain with our community.
- Proven ability to anticipate and capitalize on market trends, identify profit potential and position a company to maximize market share
- Superior interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and political acumen to drive change within a small organization or start-up
- Strong analytical skills with a natural inclination to take a data-driven approach to solving problems and finding new opportunities
- Must have a personal passion for helping people build confidence through transparency, technology, and industry dynamics
- 5-7 years product marketing experience at a media company, or similar
- MBA preferred
The PR/Communications Director will play a key role in making RealSelf the most recognized and respected media brand in our category. This means devising a crisp, ambitious, and executable strategy for increasing our presence and brand devotion. Your success will be measured by increases in branded traffic to RealSelf and by the quality and volume of on-air and on-site mentions, links, and integrations. This position is based in our Seattle headquarters and will report to the CEO.
- Secure repeatable and meaningful consumer-facing placement with large media outlets.
- Grow and cultivate media partners who will carry RealSelf media products (news, personalities, video, infographics, pre-packaged segments) and drive qualified traffic to the site.
- Concept and create story and segment ideas with content team on a daily basis.
- Pitch RealSelf stories and other media products to media outlets for linking, traffic, and exposure.
- BA/BS, preferably in communications, journalism or marketing-related discipline.
- 5-7 years experience, some portion spent in-house at a media or entertainment company.
- Great book of contacts with major media, and demonstrable success in securing quality coverage with national (and local) media, on all platforms.
- Demonstrable success in connecting brands, products, and/or companies to a broad, consumer-centric consumer audience.
- A genuine and authentic interest and passion in RealSelf's vision and mission, which is all about bringing confidence to consumer decisions in beauty and self-improvement.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities.
- Proven experience using data to tell stories, packaging data- and trend-driven stories
- Creative thinker who can develop unique post and promotions ideas.
- High-energy, motivated and aggressive about great results and growing RealSelf.