Work with us.
We are currently looking for extraordinary people who want to build and scale one of the fastest growing companies in consumer digital media at our offices in Seattle and Santa Monica.
You could work anywhere. Why RealSelf?
I love what we do for consumers and doctors and that we do it with integrity. The people we work with are great too and we're not afraid to change or make big moves.
We are seeking an accomplished front end developer to build well-crafted user interfaces and experiences for RealSelf. As a member of RealSelf’s product development team, you will build responsive and adaptive web UIs leveraging AJAX and related technologies. Come help us build a more rich and delightful experience for millions of consumers.
- Translate user flows and user experience mock-ups into code
- Collaborate heavily with product leaders, user experience designers, and other developers as required
- Elegantly balance pixel perfection with time to market
- Strong visual design sense
- 3+ years experience building consumer internet applications
- Experience working closely with designers
- Experience with RESTful interfaces and consuming web service APIs
- Previous experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Solid understanding of A/B testing and application instrumentation
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Photoshop or equivalent imaging software
- Ability to provide portfolio of work you’ve done and are proud of
- Working knowledge of Node.js, PHP, and SQL
From Reviews to Q&A our content platform helps millions of people connect and gather deeper understanding. As a Platform Engineer at RealSelf, you will be contributing to and maintaining the set of underlying APIs and services that run our business. Come help us build a better, faster, stronger social platform for Doctors and Consumers.
- Build well-defined, scalable backend services that drive RealSelf’s community experience
- Effectively collaborate across engineering and product teams to deliver the best solutions
- Maintain and port existing code and data
- Write tools and services to keep systems running smoothly
- Penchant for Programming Polyglotism
- Strong grasp of data structures and algorithm fundamentals
- Comfortable command of a major object oriented programming language (Ruby, Python, or Java)
- Expertise with major RDBMs (MySQL preferred) and exposure to data store scalability including NoSQL solutions
- Experience orchestrating distributed services within loosely-coupled systems
- Solid understanding of JSON, XML, and interacting with public APIs
- Significant experience building software and services for the web
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of PHP, HTML5, and CSS
- The Gang of Four book rests comfortably on your nightstand
As a Doctor Community Advisor (DCA), you will serve as the primary business contact for the doctor client and will be responsible for client satisfaction. The DCA is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality of service and retention. In addition, the DCA will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities through referrals and up sells. Success of role is measured by new sales, retention and book of business value.
- Meet and exceed retention plan targets by building relationship with client based on proper expectations and a mapped path to client success.
- Helps maintain doctor community by managing a book of business from contract initiation through contract renewal. Duties may include but are not limited to account start up, technical support, conflict resolution, quarterly reviews, up sells, retention calls, and payment collections.
- Works closely with sales team to facilitate client activity from new member to sponsor and ensures category profitability and success by identifying potential issues and/or opportunities relating to account growth and new business.
- Communicates the doctor client’s goals and represents their interests to the team.
- Understanding of company capabilities and value proposition, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Support the launch or expanded availability of both new and core markets based on company directives.
- Ideal candidate will not only be a client advocate and partner but will help shape best practices and retention strategy based on feedback provided.
- Proven account management and acquisition skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance client relationships.
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator with a focus on solving problems and creating win-win situations.
- Extremely detail oriented with a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated success using solid communication and relationship building skills to achieve retention goals.
- Ability to effectively work both independently and as a team player within a newly formed inside sales and support team environment.
- Proficient to advanced computer skills required, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Salesforce.com experience highly preferred
We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity where hard work, integrity, innovation, and results are rewarded. Compensation includes salary and retention bonuses.
Our Business Development Manager has a career-making opportunity to generate significant revenue and forge new relationships that complement our industry-leading online community. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your strategic talent and ability to rapidly close deals and manage relationships with managers and executives for endemic and non-endemic brands.
Our deeply engaged, intent-driven audience represents a fertile media environment to support cutting-edge content marketing programs. Thus, in your position you will have to think far beyond boxes, banners, and commoditized ad units. Instead, you will create unique experiences and engagement points for brands that educate and empower consumers to make informed and more confident choices. You will be responsible for seeing the process of account development from start to close and beyond, with a keen eye to developing long-term client partnerships.
- Conceptualize and develop advertiser-specific marketing programs, such as sponsored digital events and online/digital/social campaigns.
- Work closely with executive team to source and build opportunities pipeline, and close deals to meet and exceed quarterly revenue goals.
- Act as day-to-day contact person between sales and marketing on RFPs
- Develop and write integrated marketing/added-value proposals
- Acts as brand ambassador for RealSelf by referring clients/prospects to relevant opportunities to engage with the RealSelf brand: events, web, research, data, editorial, etc
- 3+ years business development experience with measurable success in a digital media sales.
- Strong passion for and knowledge of the social space and digital media, with fluency in and curiosity about current and emerging web and mobile technologies.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects and executing and following through and nurturing relationships.
- Presentation ninja. Right now someone out there is dying from a boring presentation – let it not be yours.
- Relationships and contacts at top consumer and medical beauty/aesthetic brands, agencies, and relevant industries will be helpful, though not absolutely essential.
- Ability to travel at a moment’s notice.
RealSelf Category Managers are market-based business owners, responsible for driving revenue growth, developing and sustaining strong doctor and industry relationships, and increasing overall engagement within an assigned category of RealSelf. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, strategic-thinker to continue to build our presence in dermatology, which covers both cosmetic and medical dermatology.
The core objective for this position is to establish RealSelf as the most visited resource for skin care needs and concerns. The good news is that we’re already the most visited site for cosmetic dermatology, so you’re halfway there!
This full-time role is based at our headquarters in Seattle, which is the perfect location to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Establish the world’s largest online audience interested in skin health and skin rejuvenation by executing on a strategic plan that includes working cross-functionally, SEO, and building relationships with media and industry
- Negotiate partnerships that enable the content team to develop must-see, addictive, multi-platform, original dermatology content
- Enhance the value proposition for skin care experts and find novel ways to build relationships with key opinion leaders in order to meet dermatologist acquisition goals
- Provide strategic plan to target relationships that meet or beat category-level revenue goals while also retaining authenticity and trust we maintain with our community
- Proven ability to anticipate and capitalize on market trends, identify profit potential and position the category to maximize market share
- Superior interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and political acumen to drive change within a small organization or start-up
- Strong analytical skills with a natural inclination to take a data-driven approach to solving problems and finding new opportunities
- Dermatology sector experience is a plus, but must have a personal passion for skin care trends, technology, and industry dynamics
- 5-7 years category management/demand generation experience
The PR/Communications Director will play a key role in making RealSelf the most recognized and respected media brand in our space. This means relentlessly pitching RealSelf content and media products to highly targeted outlets (both large and small) as well as devising a crisp, ambitious, and executable strategy for increasing our presence and brand devotion long-term on all screens and devices. Your success will be measured, broadly speaking, by increases in branded traffic to RealSelf and by the quality and volume of on-air and on-site mentions, links, and integrations. This position is based in our Seattle headquarters and will report to the Chief Content Officer.
- Pitch RealSelf stories and other media products to media outlets for linking, traffic, and exposure.
- Secure repeatable and meaningful consumer-facing placement with large media outlets.
- Grow and cultivate media partners who will carry RealSelf media products (news, personalities, video, infographics, pre-packaged segments) and drive qualified traffic to the site.
- Concept and create story and segment ideas with content team on a daily basis.
- BA/BS, preferably in communications, journalism or marketing-related discipline.
- 5-7 years experience, some portion spent in-house at a media or entertainment company.
- Great book of contacts with major media, and demonstrable success in securing quality coverage with national (and local) media, on all platforms.
- Demonstrable success in connecting brands, products, and/or companies to a broad, female-centric consumer audience -- think 'Today' Show not Techcrunch, 'GMA' not GigaOm.
- A genuine and authentic interest and passion in RealSelf's vision and mission, which is all about bringing confidence to consumer decisions in beauty and self-improvement.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities.
- Proven experience using data to tell stories, packaging data- and trend-driven stories
- Creative thinker who can develop unique post and promotions ideas. YOU MUST BE FULL OF IDEAS.
- High-energy, motivated and aggressive about great results and growing RealSelf.
“I don’t know how to put this, but we’re kind of a big deal” – Ron Burgundy
RealSelf is the world’s largest and fastest growing aesthetics community where real people meet to share their experiences and learn about self-improvement opportunities to achieve their best.
We are looking for a top class analytics leader to build and own BI, analytics, and reporting systems. You will create actionable insights to understand customer behavior and influence product direction, optimize pricing systems/strategy, and inform PR/marketing efforts. This role requires a strong self-starter who can work collaboratively across multiple business and data domains.
- Drive quantitative thinking around strategic decisions
- Use our data to business insights and opportunities
- Establish and maintain management and feature-level reporting
- Build and maintain business intelligence reports and delivery systems
- Own, master, and operate our Web analytics
- Be an expert on our data sources and their impact on the business
- Define complex SQL/data extraction methods to gather and filter needed data
- Develop analytical/statistical models and forecasts for Web traffic and revenue
- Mine our community data to produce data-driven themes for PR and marketing
- Start-up experience and mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or better in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/OR/Eng)
- 5+ years in a BI/analytics role
- Highly analytical mind - critical, curious, and quantitative
- Comfortable and effective at presenting to senior executives and investors
- Advanced SQL knowledge across multiple DB architectures
- Comfortable working with large quantities of fragmented data
- Experience with statistical packages
- Experience with implementing BI tools like Tableau or Qlikview